Your child can choose to have either a school cooked lunch or a packed lunch provided from home each day. Children can alternate between the choices – registers are taken each morning when your child’s choice will be noted.
School meals are available each day. The meals are cooked on site by our caterers, Chartwells. All meals are from Chartwells’ 'Gold Food for Life Menus', which have been awarded the highest accreditation that can be achieved in the school meal sector. We firmly believe that the price of school lunches represents value for money and provides a healthy, well balanced meal.
Menus can be viewed below and are included in our fortnightly newsletters.
- Each day two main meal choices will be available, alternatively children may choose tomato pasta or a jacket potato with either cheese or baked beans. Freshly baked bread will be available daily to accompany the main meal.
- Three dessert options are offered, one variable option (see menu) and two constant options, fresh fruit or yoghurt.
- Children may choose one main meal option and one dessert option.
Chartwells can cater for special diets - for information on allergens and special diets please contact Chartwells at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let the school know any dietary requirements your child may have.
- Universal Free School Meals for Year R to Year 2
- A school meal may be purchased for children in Years 3 to 6.
- Meals must be paid for in advance by using the online payment system, SchoolMoney. If you experience any difficulties accessing the SchoolMoney system, please contact the school office and we will be happy to assist you.
- School Lunches are £2.50 per day, and whether your child has a school meal every day or on an occasional basis, you may find it easier to pay a regular amount into your account each half-term so that there is an adequate credit balance on your account.
- If you wish to provide a packed lunch for your child, please note:
- Do not include sweets of any kind.
- No fully coated chocolate bars/biscuits.
- Fizzy drinks must not be brought into school.
- No glass bottles or cans please.
We have several children with severe allergies; therefore, the school is a nut free zone. Please do not send in products containing nuts; this includes chocolate and nut spreads such as Nutella and peanut butter.