Vision, Values and Aims
'We want our school to be a place where we play, learn and work hard and where we are cared for and looked after’
Written by Ladybird Class 2013 (our first pupil intake)
Our School Aims
In our commitment to achieve the above we aim;
- To provide opportunities for every child to feel part of and be able to contribute to the school, local and global community through the teaching of rights and responsibilities.
- To provide a rich and exciting curriculum which engages and motivates children and in which every child can develop fully as an individual and achieve their full potential
- To develop motivated, inspired, independent children who have a love of learning and are curious to know more.
- To provide a secure supportive environment where children can develop respect for themselves, others and their surroundings resulting in pride in themselves, their peers and their school and who are equipped to meet the changes and challenges in their life ahead.
These aims are integral to all that we do along with our School Values.
- Respect yourself.
- Treat others how you expect to be treated.
- Look at the person you’re talking to; use the right sized voice, be kind, be fair, be honest, tell the truth.
- Look after each other.
- Look after our things.
- Look after our school.
- Aim high.
- Believe in yourself.
- Have ambitions.
- Be enthusiastic.
- Be positive about learning.
- Be motivated.
- Stand up for what you believe in.
- Be sincere and mean what you say.
- Be honest to yourself and others.
- Have a go.
- Take a risk.
- Try again.
- Learn from your mistakes
- Take on challenges