Lunches - Chartwells
All children in Reception, Year 1, Year 2 and those FSM children in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 will received a free school meal daily.
- If your child is in the above group/s and you wish to opt out of receiving free daily meals and instead would like to provide your child with packed lunches from home, then please email the school office at email@example.com. In order to continue to improve our lunch offer it would be helpful if you could provide a reason for your child opting out as we value your feedback.
- We are keen to support parents with the current costs of living and providing all the above pupils with a free nutritious lunch will save families the cost of making a packed lunch, estimated to be over £12 per child per week.
KS2 (Years 3-6) children not entitled to receive a free lunch (FSM)
- Your child can choose to have either a school cooked lunch or a packed lunch provided from home each day. Children can alternate between the choices – registers are taken each morning when your child’s choice will be noted.
- Meals must be paid for in advance by using the school's online system ParentMail. If you experience any difficulties accessing the system, please contact the school office and we will be happy to assist you.
- School Lunches are £2.60 per day and whether your child has a school meal every day or on an occasional basis, you may find it easier to pay a regular amount into your account each half-term so that there is an adequate credit balance on your account.
* * * * *
School meals are available each day. The meals are cooked on site by our caterers, Chartwells. All meals are from Chartwells’ 'Gold Food for Life Menus', which have been awarded the highest accreditation that can be achieved in the school meal sector. We firmly believe that the price of school lunches represents value for money and provides a healthy, well balanced meal.
A variety of options are on offer at lunchtime including a meat main meal, vegetarian main meal, jacket potatoes or pasta all served with salad, vegetables, freshly baked bread and a dessert. There are clear benefits to children sharing a school meal together, including improved eating habits and trying a wide variety of dishes which lead to them making healthier food choices in the long term.
Menus can be viewed below and are included in our weekly bulletins.
- If your child has a medical need for a special diet our caterers, Chartwells, have nutritionists who can work with you to accommodate this. Details of this support can be found here: The Chartwells Approach to Medical Diets | Chartwells and the school office can support you with an application.
- For information on allergens and special diets please contact Chartwells at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please let the school know any dietary requirements your child may have.
If you wish to provide a packed lunch for your child, please note:
- Do not include sweets of any kind.
- No fully coated chocolate bars/biscuits.
- Fizzy drinks must not be brought into school.
- No glass bottles or cans please.
Severe food allergies
Could we please remind you that we have children in the school with serious food allergies. The following foods should not be brought into school under any circumstances:
- any variety of nut
- passion fruit
- star fruit
Please check ingredients on chocolate bars, chocolate spread, cereal bars and cakes to ensure no nut products are brought into school.
Please check ingredients on fruit drinks to check they do not include any of the tropical fruits listed above.
We thank you for your cooperation with this serious matter.